- Anabaena (Nostoc)
Phycobiliprotein types: PC+PEC
Remark: Strain in which CpcS-III (Zhao et al 2006), PecE/F (Jung et al. 1995, Blot et al. 2009) and CpcT (Zhao et al. 2007, Zhang et al. 2012) have been characterized
Refseq record: NC_003272
Genome status: complete
Sequencing center: Kazusa
- Blot et al., 2009. Phycourobilin in Trichromatic Phycocyanin from Oceanic Cyanobacteria Is Formed Post-translationally by a Phycoerythrobilin Lyase-Isomerase J Biol Chem, 284, 9290-9298.
- Jung et al., 1995. Candidate genes for the phycoerythrocyanin alpha subunit lyase. Biochemical analysis of pecE and pecF interposon mutants J Biol Chem, 270, 12877-12884.
- Zhang et al., 2012. Identification of amino acid residues essential to the activity of lyase CpcT1 from Nostoc sp. PCC7120 Gene, In press.
- Zhao et al., 2006. Chromophore attachment to phycobiliprotein beta-subunits: phycocyanobilin:cysteine-beta84 phycobiliprotein lyase activity of CpeS-like protein from Anabaena sp. PCC7120 J Biol Chem, 281, 8573-8581.
- Zhao et al., 2007b. Lyase activities of CpcS- and CpcT-like proteins from Nostoc PCC7120 and sequential reconstitution of binding sites of phycoerythrocyanin and phycocyanin beta-subunits J Biol Chem, 282, 34093-34103.
Model strains, Marine strains